• Assess and address workstation issues on iMacs, PC computers and connected network devices.
• Work with Network Services to install system software on (21) Apple iMac computers.
• Adjust iMac System User and Adobe settings for optimal instructor’s and student’s usages.
• Assist Computers in Design I students and staff with learning Apple and Adobe Creative Suite software.
• Maintain and order required supplies for two computer labs and five network printers.
• Update drivers for printers, scanners and Wacom tablets • Communicate timely matters to instructors.
• Submit purchase recommendations to Art Division Chair about industry hardware and software trends.
• Co-interview prospective lab techs. • Create schedules for two open labs. • Organize classrooms.
Communicate with website owners, develop and maintain websites, customize WordPress CSS and plug-ins, copywriting, SEO, create web graphics and digital assets.
Preflight and prepare digital files to Computer to Plate workflow of Heidelberg Creo. Create templates to specs. Proofread materials. Send files to sister divisions through FTP network. Occasional process plates for web press. Graphic design of in-house educational display materials. Work with staff salespeople.
Preflight and send files to network’s wide format printers and linotronic. Maintain and calibrate network printers. Manage new yearbook design and film output. Communicate with designers about file requirements.
• Production Artist: Redraw art files in Illustrator and prepare for separations. Proofread supplied materials.
• Imaging Operator: Step and repeat PostScript files to Agfa imagesetters, insure quality of proofs and films.
• Darkroom Assistant: Maintain film processor, strip 4 color process films for offset and screen printing.
Create new zine publication template, copywriting, communicate with writers, artists and readers, solicit advertisers, start distribution channels. Work closely with Associate Editor and contributors.
Associate in Applied Science
Illinois Central College, East Peoria
Washington Community High School Graduate
References supplied upon request.